Question

Can't seem to get Spotify to show up as dropdown option in the search bar

• 27 October 2016
  • 7 replies

Using Sonos Controller for Mac. Spotify is working fine, but not showing up as an option in the dropdown search bar. Other services show (Pandora, etc) but not Spotify. Any thoughts?

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks for any help on this!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I guess it didn't grab the dropdown state, but trust me it only shows Pandora, Radio by Tunein, My Library, etc.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi devin7h, welcome to the community. This is a bit strange. It would seem like something on the Mac itself might be interfering. Can you try uninstalling the app and installing it again? You can find the download for it at www.sonos.com/support.
If the problem persists after the reinstall, can you send a diagnostic from the Mac app, via Help → Submit Diagnostic? Let me know your confirmation number for that.
Hi Tom,

Thanks! I uninstalled and re-installed the app, but the issue persists. I also removed and re-added Spotify as a service, no change.

I've submitted diagnostics. Here's the confirmation number: 6685249

Thanks for your help!

- Devin
Badge +1
Hello devin7h,

Are there any other computers available with the Sonos app installed? If so, I'd suggest seeing if they have the same problem. If the problem happens on the other computer, try rebooting the Sonos players and testing it once again.

As Tom had mentioned, this is quite strange behavior on the Sonos controller. If the Spotify service does not show up in the dropdown menu it might be best to call us to speak with a live technician. Let us know how these steps go and we’ll take it from there.
There are other computers, there's a MacBook downstairs that works just fine, plays and shows Spotify in search bar.

Should my next step be to call?

I've attached a better screenshot in case that helps at all.
AH, I got it! I had only deleted the Sonos App - trashed it and emptied the trash, then reinstalled the app. I didn't use the menu: Sonos > Uninstall...

Doing it this way must have 'really' uninstalled it and now upon reinstall it's working perfectly - Spotify now appears as an option in the search box dropdown.

Thank you very much for your help and your time!
Badge +1
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything is now working.