Can't reconfigure wifi on Sonos

• 25 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello, I have reconfigured my home network and I have to reconfigure all devices.

My Sonos (I have a couple of Play:1 configured in stereo mode) are unable to complete the config procedure. I go to SYSTEM - NETWORK - NETWORK MGMT and I launch the procedure.

As the sonos are plugged (they are working only in wired network) I have to unplug to proceed, the app say to connect to the local Sonoswifi THAT IS NOT TURNED ON and the procedure fails.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Thanks for your support.

I’ve solved but simply retried in another (lucky) day.

The temporary SONOS Wifi is appeared and everything is gone fine !

Temporarily cable one device only to your router. Reboot all the ‘other’ Sonos devices. Then when all devices show in the Sonos App, goto "Settings/System/Network/Manage Network”.

Select and remove any outdated, no-longer-required, networks and then choose the “Update Networks” option to add your new WiFi network credentials to all your devices.

You can then uncable the speaker from your router and all devices should then run on your new WiFi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@bfrance 

Good stuff - glad to hear it!

Thanks Ken. Is exactly what I’ve done !

The problem is that the internal Sonos wifi does not appear when the app ask me to unplug the wired network….

Thanks Ken. Is exactly what I’ve done !

The problem is that the internal Sonos wifi does not appear when the app ask me to unplug the wired network….

I’m not sure if you’re talking about SonosNet, but just to mention there’s no need to concern yourself with that signal - you should not see it anyway. Perhaps take a closer look at my instructions in the earlier post. It’s your own WiFi credentials you need to enter. The mobile never needs to connect to SonosNet only to your router WiFi. HTH.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bfrance 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you can’t see the temporary network that Sonos asks you to join in order to enter your WiFi credentials into the system, then I recommend a reboot of your phone/tablet or try another device.

Is one of your speakers permanently wired to ethernet? If so, your Sonos system has no need for the new WiFi credentials. If you’ve only wired Sonos so you can enter the credentials and intend to use your speakers on WiFi, please ignore this.