Question

Can't play spotify?

• 12 December 2016
  • 1 reply

I received diagnostic code 6855999 and error code 1002. Sonos system has worked perfectly until now. Cannot play anything off spotify. Keep getting error codes and time outs. Ive changed channels. Ive refreshed IP address, reset everything including router. Uninstalled and reinstalled apps and still will not play my music. Ive reauthorized spotify. Will play spotify radio and tv though. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I received diagnostic code 6855999 and error code 1002. Sonos system has worked perfectly until now. Cannot play anything off spotify. Keep getting error codes and time outs. Ive changed channels. Ive refreshed IP address, reset everything including router. Uninstalled and reinstalled apps and still will not play my music. Ive reauthorized spotify. Will play spotify radio and tv though. Any ideas?

Hi zarn17,

There are DNS timeout errors showing in your diagnostic report. Are you using a DNS redirect service, such as Unblock-us? DNS redirectors are known to introduce extra latency in the Sonos system's connection to Spotify. Please try disabling the service and see if that helps.

If you're not using a DNS redirect it may help to update the DNS server setting on your router to GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4.