Can’t play on more than three speakers. Beam and two play 1s.

I recently purchased a beam and had two existing play 1s. When I try to add them as surrounds I get an error. I’ve reset everything. Modem, controller , and speakers and same problem. I’ve also set them up as individual speakers and then connect and show but when I try to group or play on more than three speakers it errors out and only plays on one of them. I submitted a diagnostic report 1896767729. Please help.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi there, dpizzo330. Thanks for posting and sharing your diagnostic report. Are you still having trouble with this? Based on some quick research, the Beam is receiving an audio format that is not supported. Sonos can only work with 5.1 Dolby Digital or PCM (Stereo).

Additionally, I noticed that you are connecting wirelessly to a Ruckus Wireless device. Do you have direct access to the wireless router? With this type of router, you will want to make sure multicast traffic is enabled.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings