Answered

Can't play music from DLNA / upnp - 701 - symfonisk

• 18 February 2022
  • 7 replies

I am getting 701. Tried restarting sequence. Router then speaker.  I have QNAP Nas.

This happens both on pc Sonos app and Android app. I get 701.

Diagnostic Id : 586121976

I can play same on vlc with upnp on both pc and phone.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 February 2022, 00:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I am getting 701. Tried restarting sequence. Router then speaker.  I have QNAP Nas.

This happens both on pc Sonos app and Android app. I get 701.

Diagnostic Id : 586121976

I can play same on vlc with upnp on both pc and phone.

Have you tried toggling the DLNA/UPnP server ‘off’ and ‘on’ again on your NAS box and perhaps also try disabling/enabling the media servers in the Sonos App ‘Settings/System/Media Servers’ and see if that perhaps solves your issue.

Maybe also see if you can access the locally stored music on the NAS via a Sonos ‘shared library’ and use a local SMB share instead, especially now the higher versions of the SMB protocol are being supported by a Sonos S2 system, which I assume you are using with your Symfonisk speaker(s)?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have on a phone call with Sonos support.

My DLNA server is jellyfin, running on a Linux box.

Sonos support insists that they support DLNA, but only on Mac or Windows.

They won’t provide information on how to connect to a general DLNA device.

I am currently using a samba server on my Linux box, but this is ugly, and I’m looking forward to moving to DLNA.

How to get I get Sonos to recognize a DLNA server?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos support is wrong.  I have a DLNA server running on my Mac and Sonos can’t play any of the music on the server.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for verifying that DLNA support is broken on Mac @wottynatty . Since DLNA is a standard, it is agnostic of the OS which is running. I suspect that Sonos has only tested DLNA on one server (Plex), designed their support around that server, and doesn’t understand what DLNA actually is, and how to support all DLNA servers.

Hello

I’am from the Netherlands and bought recently a Sonos Roaming SL.

I use a Qnap Nas and stored all my music, foto and video there. Installing the Sonos was easy. The connecties via WiFi was oké. The path to my Nas was oké.

So I tapped on the music icon, saw my Nas, clicked on it, saw all the maps, including foto and video. I opened the audio map and could not play the music. Something about a playlist and error code 701.

I followed some recommendations about qnap, smb and so on. I use for security reasons SMB 2 - SMB 3. I know that my Qnap is correctly configured.

searching, searching and then I found out that I have to connect my Nas in the Sonos app, Not by clicking on the name of my Nas, but via the Music library at the top of the stations list. There you see also the folders of the Nas.

That’s how it worked for me. Sorry for my Englisch.

Friendly greetings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could also install Plex on you NAS if you have more than 65k files in your database.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos do not claim DLNA support, and are not DLNA certified.

The UX does include options for “Media Servers” (which I think means Windows Media Player) and “UPnP Servers”, but I don’t know what that really means.

Years ago I looked into adding support for Windows Media Player as a server into my own app, and it was a complete nightmare - the different ways of defining track metadata, even found in my own collection, made me realize that was a fool’s game that I did not have time for.