Question

Can't map to music library on PC

• 27 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Sonos controller cannot find my windows 10 pc when I try to add my musc folder to the sonos system. Controller app on PC works fine acessing other music services (XM, iTunes). When I follow the prompts it says "cant find PC."

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What happens when your using the pc Sonos app and attempt to add the folder the same computer. Also have you gone through the firewall information on Sonos support.
I have not gone through the firewall information - since I was able to access the other music services I thought there would not be an issue. I have also tried to set it up through a different device, and those devices cannot find my PC either, I guess I need to read the firewall info,
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
For all other services Sonos goes direct from speaker to internet and doesn't connect via your computer desktop at all. So only pulling music from your computer vs internet would be effected by the firewall settings.