Answered

Can't link laptop apple music library to songs

• 27 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I just rec'd a Sonos speaker and its working fine with Spotify. I wanted to also be able to play from my Music Library on the laptop. I downloaded the Sonos controller for Apple. When I go to Manage all of the options are grayed out. From my research, it looks like the new controller 9.3 needs at least an OS of 10.11 which would take me out of Yosemite 10.10.5 (I downloaded Sonos 9.2 but that didn't work either). I don't really want to move to the next Apple OS. Is there a solution? Or is it a completely different reason that I can't access my Library? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 December 2018, 13:28

No, that’s the reason. You could potentially use a mobile device to connect Sonos to the library on the Mac, but you won’t be able to use the controller on the Mac to make that connection. The library would be accessible, it’s the set up function that would be missing until you update the MacOS
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, that’s the reason. You could potentially use a mobile device to connect Sonos to the library on the Mac, but you won’t be able to use the controller on the Mac to make that connection. The library would be accessible, it’s the set up function that would be missing until you update the MacOS