Hey guys, wanted to try the community and see if you could help. I just bought 2 new Sonos 5's for my office and I can't get them through the setup process on the Controller iOS App. I work at a big company and am trying to connect through our Guest network.
- The Controller Recognizes the Speaker
- Takes me to Airport Setup
- Recognizes the Guest Network
- When I click the setup it tries and I get "An Unexpected Error Occurred. Try Again"
Then I move on to Alternative Setup
- I click the link button on back
- See the Orange Light
- It Gets my Speaker Ready and creates the Temporary Network
- I connect to the SONOS wifi network and go back to the App
- Confirm my Play 5
- Confirm I want to set up on my Guest Network
- The controller tries to connect to my wireless network
- I get Wi-Fi connection problem
- Confirmed that I'm connected to the Guest Network and try again
- Still get the Wi-Fi connection problem
At this point I'm not sure what to do to connect my speakers. Anyone have any ideas? I'm assuming this must have something to do with my company wifi but it seems like I should be able to connect via our Guest network which does not require a password.
Best answer by Stanley_4
Fancy networks have a lot of protections enabled that won't work with Sonos. The quick fix is to grab a travel router, log it onto the guest network and then connect your controller and Play 5s to it.