Can't get my Play One to connect

• 18 January 2021
  • 3 replies

When it tells me to press the join button one the back of my play one it doesnt work and then it keeps saying it cant find it each time i try to connect it. Ive all ready had it connected 3 times before and now doesnt want to connect at all, ive got 3 other speakers and a boost and their all working fine

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Camzzz.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to ask some questions to get a better understanding of the situation and help out.

• Is this a newly bought Play 1 or a used Play 1?
  • Has this worked in the past and suddenly stopped working?
  • If it had previously worked in the past, what changes were made prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working?
  • What is the light status on top of the Sonos product?
  • Does it still have the physical buttons that clicks or does it have touch sensitive or touch capacitive buttons?
  • Can you share some information on how are you trying to connect to the Sonos Play 1?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. The more information you provide, the more I can better understand what is going on and how to help.

Thanks,

I brought it brand new last year, it flashes white to green, ive have connected one day and then the next day it disappeared and it wont find it. When it tells me to push the sync buttoni push the button in i feel it click but on the app it tells me that it didnt detect me pushing the button but the button works when i factory set it  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Camzzz.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

Since you have mentioned the Sonos Boost, Can we try the following steps accordingly.

• Let’s make sure we perform another complete factory reset on the Sonos product. Unplug the device from power, connect the Play 1 to the Sonos Boost via ethernet cable, press and hold the join button (while it is unplugged form power), while the button is pressed, plug it in to power and wait for a green light before letting go.
  • Open the Sonos app, go to settings » system » add product and follow the prompts.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,