Can't Control Sonos From Spotify (working previously)

• 2 January 2017
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Hello,

I've been a Sonos user since 2014 and currently have a Playbar with Sub, 2x Play:5. I have added my spotify account to Sonos and it works seamlessly when I play in the house. I cannot get the three speakers to show up on the Spotify app. I have removed and replaced Spotify on the Sonos app, restarted my router, the bridge, and each individual speaker and have had no change in control. I was able to control my Sonos speakers with the Spotify app previously before moving. Since then it has not functioned correctly. Please help!

-Nick
I am also having trouble using the Spotify App as my controller after a recent Sonos update. I had friends that could control it on their phones while at my house on their accounts. Of course it works perfectly on the Sonos app which has a horrible interface compared to the Spotify App. Please help!!!! So annoying. Tried re-installing everything multiple times.
I have the same issue. I can se my room in Spotify Connect but when I click on it nothing happens. It's been working fine for about a year but not any longer. My diagnostic no is 8182394.
Same here. Spotify app will show the Sonos players as "Devices available", but nothing happens when I select one of them. Was really happy when the Spotify Connect feature was added, so it is very annoying that it no longer works.
Me too - it worked a couple of weeks ago, but not now. If I go into Spotify on my PC, and click on "Devices Available", I can still see my Sonos devices. But if I click on one of them, nothing happens. The good news is that if I go into Sonos, I can still choose Spotify as a music source.

Diagnostics number 6960988

Mee too: diagnostics number is: 8497861
Same problem. Downgrading the Spotify app helped. Still, don't want to accept that I should use outdated SW that misses new features just because "old" functions are not supported ?!?! I guess the problem is with Spotify, however this has impact on Sonos. Please take this seriously and fix (or get Spotify to fix it) asap
Same problem. Downgrading the Spotify app helped. Still, don't want to accept that I should use outdated SW that misses new features just because "old" functions are not supported ?!?! I guess the problem is with Spotify, however this has impact on Sonos. Please take this seriously and fix (or get Spotify to fix it) asap
Simply deleting the Spotity app, restarting your mobile device, and reinstalling Spotify from Google Play Store resp. iTunes App Store didn't help?
I too cannot use the Spotify app on my PC desktop to control Sonos. Only devices listed are the local computer and an Echo Dot on my network. It used to work fine, but doesn't now. The desktop Sonos app works OK, and my phone (Android) Spotify app can play on any Sonos speaker, but interestingly does not list the Echo Dot.

(My desktop and Sonos Connect are wired into my network. My phone connects wirelessly, like the Echo Dot.)

Here are my Sonos diagnostics - 1987120061
I have the same issue, but there are a few things I tried. I have a Play:1 and it's no longer listed in Spotify's available devices WHILE I have the speaker configured wirelessly (which is the most common thing). But, when I connect the speaker via LAN cable direct to my modem, it appears in Spotify's available devices, the second I disconnect the cable, it disappers from the list. However, the music service still works through Sonos app, but its a pain in the eyes to use it that way. By the way, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 to run Spotify, as well as Sonos app.

Cheers, and I apologize for any mistake in my english writing.
Gerardo Valderrama

This is my same reply at this forum: "Spotify no longer listing Sonos speakers?"
I have the same issue, but there are a few things I tried. I have a Play:1 and it's no longer listed in Spotify's available devices WHILE I have the speaker configured wirelessly (which is the most common thing). But, when I connect the speaker via LAN cable direct to my modem, it appears in Spotify's available devices, the second I disconnect the cable, it disappers from the list. However, the music service still works through Sonos app, but its a pain in the eyes to use it that way. By the way, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 to run Spotify, as well as Sonos app. [...]
Restart your router followed by the Play:1. If that does not help change the wireless channel of the router to 1,6,11. Also restart your mobile device.
I have the same issue, but there are a few things I tried. I have a Play:1 and it's no longer listed in Spotify's available devices WHILE I have the speaker configured wirelessly (which is the most common thing). But, when I connect the speaker via LAN cable direct to my modem, it appears in Spotify's available devices, the second I disconnect the cable, it disappers from the list. However, the music service still works through Sonos app, but its a pain in the eyes to use it that way. By the way, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 to run Spotify, as well as Sonos app. [...]
Restart your router followed by the Play:1. If that does not help change the wireless channel of the router to 1,6,11. Also restart your mobile device.
Thanks man, that actually worked and now it's up and running again. I am most grateful!