Can't connect to speakers

• 26 November 2017
  • 9 replies

The sonos app is unable to find my speakers. There is nothing wrong with the wifi connection and it is the same network I've been using forever. Was working two days ago, but now nothing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I am having the exact same problem. Came home from Thanksgiving and 6 of my 7 Sonos speakers have disappeared. I have tried resetting a few of them but then am told I need to update them to the latest version, but then the update just hangs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would plug one of them into your router via Ethernet cable. Run all updates. Then when done goto settings ... advanced ...wifi setup and set back up wifi only again.
Tried this but still didn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
all Sonos speakers unplugged. REboot router. plug one into router. Open sonos app connected to wifi of that router. and you get nothing then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
also have you tried a different controller to pull up sonos. IOS devices after update can have network issues and not find Sonos. To fix ios device network issue go into settings on phone. under apple wifi settings tell it to forget your home network. Reboot router. Then on ios device add back your home wifi. IOS updates will cause issues like this.
Correct. This is all I'm getting and i just got a sonos one im unable to connect
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think it is a network issue with your device. Is it iOS device. If so follow instructions above.
Resolved by adding the sonos app to my ipad and going through setup steps
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So your other device has a network issue. Go through steps of telling it to forget your wifi network, rebooting router, then adding back to device to get that controller device properly on your network.