Question

Can't Connect to Sonos from APP

• 27 November 2016
  • 1 reply

I've had my Sonos for about 18 months. It is used to allow us to control the music played on the wired speakers throughout our home. Often, I have trouble connecting to the device from my iPhone or iPad as the App states I'm on NetGear79 and my Sonos is on a different network. This is not true. My Sonos has always been on that network and 'when' it works, (30% of the time), it's on that network. Today, I couldn't connect again and decided to unplug the Sonos and reconnect. When attempting to reconnect to an existing system, the App says it can't find the device. Any help is appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Working '30% of the time' is 70% too little. You clearly have local network issues.

Describe the Sonos system. What units do you have? Are any of them wired? What devices do you use to control it (iPhone, iPad, anything else)?

Describe your network. What Netgear router is it? Do you have additional WiFi access points? If so how do they connect to the network? Do you have any other WiFis, such as a guest SSID?