Answered

Can't connect to Deezer since the 8.4 update

My Sonos play 1's are not able to connect to Deezer since the 8.4 update. The system was working absolutely fine this morning. It wasn't until after I applied the update that the issue connecting to Deezer occurred.

This is a Sonos update issue.

Once again, Sonos has applied an update without first testing it properly to ensure there are no problems.

The update before Christmas resulted in my having to purchase a new tablet with upgraded operating system.

The last update resulted in the album art from my NAS disappearing.

And today's has resulted in my four Sonos 1 units becoming useless.

And then Sonos have the cheek to blame Virgin!!!

Please delete the latest update and sort out the issue you have with Virgin before applying it again. Your treatment of customers is disgraceful
icon

Best answer by Max P 5 March 2018, 11:16

Hi Max, mines working again as of Friday evening (there’s a separate thread with a few similar responses). Do you still want diagnostics?
Happy to hear it's working again. We did get confirmation this morning from VirginMedia that the routing issue has been resolved.
Let's keep an eye on it and let us know how it goes in a couple days. If the system has any issues again, please submit a diagnostic right away.

Thanks.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Same issue, (but but not so angry)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Mumma & Bobbytoad, I'd like a little more information about your systems. Would you both submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
Hi Max, mines working again as of Friday evening (there’s a separate thread with a few similar responses). Do you still want diagnostics?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Happy to hear it's working again. We did get confirmation this morning from VirginMedia that the routing issue has been resolved.
Let's keep an eye on it and let us know how it goes in a couple days. If the system has any issues again, please submit a diagnostic right away.

Thanks.
Hey,

Also updated automaticly to 8.4 last weekend.
Ever since i cannot access my music library anymore.
Also tried to send diagnostics, but also unable to do this.
Somehow connection seems to be lost, but I can play for example spotify.
Kinda lost on what's up, always worked before but it quit working since the update.

Please help.
Thanks.
Hey

Quick update, am able now to send in diagnostics.
The number is:

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hey

Quick update, am able now to send in diagnostics.
The number is:

Thanks.

Hi there, it looks like your computer's File and Printer Sharing service may be disabled. This service should be running on your computer's network connection settings to allow your Sonos system to access the music share. Try enabling this feature, or toggle it off, then on again if it is still enabled. If that doesn't do the trick, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the number.
Hi, could you tell me where to find File and Printer Sharing service?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, could you tell me where to find File and Printer Sharing service?

Here's a quick guide from Microsoft, instead of disabling though, check to see if the service is enabled. If it already is, try toggling it off and on again. Then, see if you can play your music library and send in a new diagnostic if things are still not working.
Hey,

Did as requested, the problem is still there.
Here's the new diagnostic report:

Regards
I didn't got any messanges anymore since 3 days ago, what's next?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, KoosL. If you are still having trouble with this, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at the File and Folder Permissions. Thanks!