Can‘t connect to Apple Music

• 9 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello

Since a few days I can‘t play tunes from Apple music on my Sonos devices. I always get the message „Unable to play [name and number of tune] - unable to connect to Apple music“

Playing radio stations out of the App is no problem, playing Apple music on my Sonos via AirPlay is no problem.

I‘ve updated my Sonos, I‘ve updated the app.

My WiFi works flawlessly.

I‘ve encountered this problem before, but then it disappeared again. But now it seems to be permanent.

I‘ve submitted a diagnostics: 466910094

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

While you wait on a Sonos rep to look at that diagnostic, try a reboot of your router, followed by a reboot of your Sonos speakers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Hemingway7980, welcome to the Sonos Community! I wasn’t seeing any obvious issues in the diagnostic.

Was there any change after rebooting the router and Sonos? If not, it may help to remove and then re-add the Apple Music account entirely.

If you’re still having trouble, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via live chat or phone call, as they’ll be able to perform some live troubleshooting with you :)

Hey there,

The trouble disappeared all by itself, for no obvious reason. I didn‘t reboot the router, removing and re-adding the Apple account didn‘t solve the problem either. 48 hours later everything just worked again.