Can‘t add Play 1s to Playbar for surround

• 14 November 2020
  • 1 reply

There was an error..

report: 112339379

Playbar —> works fine

Play1 individually—> work fine

Play1 stereo —> works

Play1s as surround —> error when setting up (but they show up afterwards in the room setting; but no sound)

Did a reset of the speakers as well

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Noname83, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. We appreciate you for submitting the diagnostic report. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, I see a Playbar, 2 Play 1’s, and a Play 3. Your Sonos system detected an incompatible WiFi extender. This could be the reason why you’re having an issue with your surround speakers. 

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

1. Disconnect WiFi extenders from the power to ensure that your Sonos will connect to your main router.
2. Wire one of your speakers to your router via ethernet cable. SonosNet is recommended to broadcast the same wireless signal to your other speakers.
3. Turn on your TV. Play something like a movie from your favorite application and observe your system.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit another diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. When you submit the diagnostic report, your TV should be playing and all your Sonos devices are powered on. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.