Answered

Can't add new network to system. Stuck in "Find your system" loop.

• 18 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Like so many others...I have a new router and started having trouble with my Sonos system. I’ve got a Beam and 2 Play:1 speakers. When 1 of the speakers is plugged into the router, I can control the system from the S2 app. When I try to add the new WiFi network and click “Find My System” it tries a few seconds and goes back to the unclicked “Find My System” button. 

The new router is an Arris DG3450. I tried getting Sonos to work on this device and failed. I bought a Netgear Nighthawk R6700AX WiFi Router and put the Arris in bridge mode. Network update is still failing.

I put my phone on the 2.4Ghz network and tried the setup again but got the same result.

I still had my old router so I plugged it in but I removed the previous network from the Sonos system when I first started the setup process so it was acting the same way.

The system works with 1 speaker plugged into the router but won’t let me add a trusted network. 

I ran a diagnostic and got the number 2072787264.

I appreciate the help.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 19 September 2022, 14:50

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Smurgen 

Thanks for your post!

Unfortunately, the diagnostic is incomplete. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who will be happy to go through some real-time troubleshooting with you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Smurgen 

Are you on Android? If so, the following may apply:

We are aware of an issue preventing some Android controllers from completing the wireless setup. For now we recommend completing the wireless setup from an iOS controller or keeping at least one Sonos device wired as a workaround. A fix for this issue will be included in the 14.16 firmware that will be available later this year.

14.16 is the next update to come, and will be available soon.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Smurgen 

We are aware of an issue preventing some Android controllers from completing the wireless setup. For now we recommend completing the wireless setup from an iOS controller or keeping at least one Sonos device wired as a workaround. A fix for this issue will be included in the 14.16 firmware that will be available later this year.

I hope this helps.

Any other features you can clue us on, @Corry P? 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nik9669a 

Not at present, no. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nik9669a 

Not at present, no. 

That’s what I thought, but no harm in asking. 

Hi @Smurgen 

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I don’t own any iOS devices. 

The 14.16 update is released today and it allowed me to update the network on my system.

I did run into 1 other issue before it worked. My phone wouldn’t connect to the “less secure” sonos wifi network for lack of a password. I had to disable the Outlook MDM work profile in the admin apps list and reboot my phone to connect.

All is good now. 

The 14.16 update is released today and it allowed me to update the network on my system.

I did run into 1 other issue before it worked. My phone wouldn’t connect to the “less secure” sonos wifi network for lack of a password. I had to disable the Outlook MDM work profile in the admin apps list and reboot my phone to connect.

For me, these two screens in the S2 Sonos App (shown below) are perhaps the most overlooked within the ‘manage networks’ feature - I think some users occasionally (perhaps) may miss the ‘Change network’ option and/or may not explore the ‘Other network…’ if the target WiFi network is not seen in the list of nearby discovered networks.

I’ve gone onto add quite a few additional WiFi networks to our Sonos system to assist when the Wife and I travel out-&-about on holiday with our two ‘Roams’, or Sonos ‘Move’.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I had this issue with the Android app on my phone a couple of months ago, the way I finally got the app to detect the Play:1 to set a new SSID was after a factory reset - which is not good as you lose all settings.

It wasnt finding the Sonos on Update Network even when connected wired - although the app could control Sonos playback with no issues.

Online chat directed me to phone support and they did say they believed it to be an issue with the app on some phones / Android versions.

I tried it today with 14.16 and it does now find the Play:1. There is also an additional step - as well as needing Bluetooth enabled it asks for NFC - I’m not sure these are relevant for a Play:1 though.

For me, these two screens in the S2 Sonos App (shown below) are perhaps the most overlooked within the ‘manage networks’ feature - I think some users occasionally (perhaps) may miss the ‘Change network’ option and/or may not explore the ‘Other network…’ if the target WiFi network is not seen in the list of nearby discovered networks.

I’ve gone onto add quite a few additional WiFi networks to our Sonos system to assist when the Wife and I travel out-&-about on holiday with our two ‘Roams’, or Sonos ‘Move’.

These screens were available after the "find your system" loop was fixed in the update.