Answered

Can no longer have ability to play individual songs from Pandora music service within Sonos App

• 22 September 2021
  • 4 replies

We have been able to search up and play individual songs offered through the Pandora Plus music service through Sonos for as long as we can remember. As of a couple of days ago, this functionality no longer exists in the controller app. As a result, all Pandora songs within our playlists are now unavailable. When we do click on them we receive the message: “this account does not support this feature”. When we search individual songs displayed under the songs tab in the controller and then click to play them, a station is played instead. Is anyone else able to play individual songs from the Pandora music service? Sonos tech support insists that the ability to search and play individual Pandora songs has never existed. The Pandora app allows me to do so though. Strange indeed. We just upgraded to Pandora Plus which allows you to search and play what you want but only after you click through one ad. I wonder if this is causing the issue. Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 23 September 2021, 05:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Cannot get Pandora to play premium account at all.  Ready to sell Sonos speakers since the "upgrade " or more like downgrade.

Sonos provides whatever art is sent to them by Pandora, they do not go out and attempt to get art on their own. Your valid complaint should be directed to Pandora, which to my knowledge does not read these forums. 

Yes, the issue resolved itself when we switched to Pandora Premium. We downgraded to Plus and I noticed today that many songs within favorite our sonos playlists are missing (cover thumbnail is blank). and when we try to play a missing song, we receive a “Your account does not support this feature” error in the controller. Seems that the only workaround is to upgrade to Pandora Premium from Pandora Plus. This is the only way to resolve the issue and shouldn’t be required. Please fix this. It is clearly an integration issue with Pandora and Sonos. May have something to do with them changing their plans up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Pandora/Sonos integration was down the last couple of days, per the status page, but is listed as ok now. Are you still having this problem?