Answered

Can no longer connect to itunes music library on MacBook Pro.

My Sonos speaker is no longer able to play music from my itunes library on my MacBook Pro. I get a message to the effect that access to //MS-MacBook-Pro denied. I sent a diagnostic to Sonos but heard nothing back. What to do other than switch to a more reliable speaker system?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 8 August 2018, 22:50

I sent the diagnostic. The confirmation number is 159113417.

Thanks for the report. It looks like your original music share is still there. Please head into the settings menu of your Sonos app, choose music library, and remove both shares. Then, add one share back. Once added, make sure to clear the queue before testing as the songs in the queue may be from the previous music share. Generally, if the share adds, it can play.

If that doesn't work, it's time to reach out to our phone team so they can take a closer look at this live.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Eureka - That worked. Thanks very much for your help.

That's great to hear! Let me know if you run into any further issues.
Eureka - That worked. Thanks very much for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for the report. It looks like your original music share is still there. Please head into the settings menu of your Sonos app, choose music library, and remove both shares. Then, add one share back. Once added, make sure to clear the queue before testing as the songs in the queue may be from the previous music share. Generally, if the share adds, it can play.

If that doesn't work, it's time to reach out to our phone team so they can take a closer look at this live.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
4812 it didn't work and won't let me run the diagnostic report because it says you're connection is not private. Since nothing is working, I am asking
that your company take the speaker back and issue me a full refund.

Are you unable to load the FAQ page or is your system not able to submit a report? To submit a report, head into the Sonos app's help menu and click submit diagnostics. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend reaching out to our phone support team who can help guide you through getting things working, or issuing a refund if needed. You can find our phone number and hours here.
4812 it didn't work and won't let me run the diagnostic report because it says you're connection is not private. Since nothing is working, I am asking
that your company take the speaker back and issue me a full refund.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I don't see where the confirmation number is but I did the things the article suggested and it didn't work. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. It was connecting with the itunes fine up until a few weeks ago.

Please go into the Sonos app, head to the preferences menu, click on Music Library, then remove the music share. See if you can then add it back to the Sonos system. If not, head into your Mac's system preferences menu and head to the user accounts. Delete the Sonos user, then go back into the Sonos app and try adding it again.

If it still does not work, submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
4808 I did what the article said and still won't play
I don't see where the confirmation number is but I did the things the article suggested and it didn't work. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. It was connecting with the itunes fine up until a few weeks ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Sonos speaker is no longer able to play music from my itunes library on my MacBook Pro. I get a message to the effect that access to //MS-MacBook-Pro denied. I sent a diagnostic to Sonos but heard nothing back. What to do other than switch to a more reliable speaker system?

Hi hja123,

Welcome to the community. We're not notified whenever a diagnostic report is submitted, it's best to reach out to a Sonos support tech with the confirmation number. Generally, there are a couple reasons why that error might occur. The first reason is if you have 2 computers with the same computer name on your network. This would mean that the sharing settings are correct on one computer, but not on the other. If you don't have 2 computers with the same name, it's possible that the sharing settings on your Mac are not set up correctly. You can try the steps in this guide, which cover most of the issues that can stop Mac file shares from working.

If that doesn't do the trick, reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.