Question

Can my Sonos be repaired?

• 22 April 2017
  • 2 replies

During an electrical surge my Sonos Play:1 stopped working. We changed the fuse and still no luck. The light won't come on. Is this repairable? And if so, where can I get it repaired (I live in London).

Many thanks!!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello jibbajabber, welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sonos does not have a repair service.

We changed the fuse and still no luck.

Can you clarify this? Did you change the fuse in your house, or in the player?
We never recommend opening up Sonos players and doing so immediately voids any warranty or replacement options.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Manny, removing a "void warranty" sticker DOES NOT, I REPEAT, DOES NOT void any warranty. And putting it in writing as you have done most definitely documents this illegal practice. You have just admitted in writing that Sonos is in violation of federal warranty law. Namely, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. Simply removing a sticker does not materially change or cause any sort of failure whatsoever. "tying" (The condition of the warranty which "ties" the consumer to specific parts) is illegal and the only reason Sonos is getting away with this is because consumers just don't know their rights. In fact, according to this law consumers are indeed able to open their Sonos devices and even REPLACE PARTS with non OEM parts. Illegally denying warranty claims also creates a monopoly with respects to repair service; yup, creating a monopoly is also illegal.

jibbajabber's device's warranty is NOT void according to federal law. He is indeed allowed to repair it without affecting the warranty. Changing a fuse DOES NOT materially modify the device.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gv5ddm/warranty-void-if-removed-stickers-are-illegal