Question

can I connect my tv with connect ?

• 29 November 2016
  • 4 replies

If I buy a sonos connect , can I also use it to play my tv through my sonos speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If your TV has an analog/stereo (red/white RCA jack) output, then you could connect that to the Line In of the Sonos Connect. Just note that there will be a delay of at least 70ms, so you might find issues with lip sync between the picture on the TV and the audio through Sonos. Some TVs might have an adjustment for this, but not all do.
Thanks Mike: Do you know how the 70ms compares to the delay if I would buy and use the playbar?
And, in that case, would I be able connect my CD player to the playbar and still have all the playbar input music wherever I want in the house?
Thanks Mike: Do you know how the 70ms compares to the delay if I would buy and use the playbar?
And, in that case, would I be able connect my CD player to the playbar and still have all the playbar input music wherever I want in the house?

The Playbar is much less (I believe ~30 ms), below the ability of most people to distinguish. The 70 ms delay is greatly dependent on your sensitivity to sync problems, and/or the quality of the sync in the original broadcast.
[quote=Pp1would I be able connect my CD player to the playbar and still have all the playbar input music wherever I want in the house?[/quote]
Yes. Use an IR-controlled optical switch to choose between TV and the CD's digital out (assuming it has one).

BTW, a CD player? Rip the CDs to disc and the CDP will soon be put away to gather dust,