Buzzing with Sonos in wall speakers

• 29 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have my sonos in wall speakers (wired) connected to my sonos amp. Both in wall speakers and sonos amp are purchased brand new. My TV is connected to the amp thru the HDMI ARC port (its a Samsung). This has been working wonderfully for 6 weeks and tonight while watching a streaming svc (Hulu) an awful loud buzzing started from the left in wall speaker. It makes the show unviewable-- so loud! I disconnected everything and reconnected (hoping there was a loose connection)-- no luck. I can play music thru the sonos 1 app on the in wall speakers with no buzzing, so I know the speakers are okay… help! any advice would be appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging your TV for about a minute? You might also try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable or using an entirely different cable. Is the TV and Amp plugged into different outlets?

thanks for the response! I disconnected everything but didnt wait a long time to reconnect. Everything is plugged into the same surge protector-- I will try changing it to a different outlet and trying a new HDMI cable!