Answered

Bug on version 10.0.1

On IOS version, can’t add new speakers after install 10.0.1 :
Requires me to install a new version on Add function ...
icon

Best answer by Nos SONOS 12 February 2019, 22:56

I'm on IOS 12.1.4 !,
But I found the solution : After reset iPad, Update Sonos Software by Sonos App, not directly by AppStore !
Thanks All for your help ...

View original

11 replies

Tap on 'Settings --> System Updates --> Check for Updates'
Thanks Smija,

Have you install this version ? It seems not ...
This new version 10.0.1 want to install a update version to "add new speakers" !
May be the fabulous 10.0.2 ? :D
The update to iOS version 10.0.1 came out this morning (US). No mention of what it was supposed to fix, other than the normal "bug fixes and stability enhancements" or words to that effect.

What you may be seeing is that your speakers need to be updated as well, to match your device's controller version. Which would be why you're not able to see the "add new speakers", as Smilja was pointing out.

I've got 10.0.1 on 2 iPads and an iPhone, all three of them have the "Add a Speaker or Sub" and "Add a Boost of Bridge" on them.
... but when I click on "Add a Speaker or Sub", My sonos App want to update ! Not the usually setup screen ...
Sounds like a bad / corrupt install. Go ahead and delete it from your iOS device. Then reboot your device. Then download a fresh/new copy and install it, making sure to "connect to existing system" when presented the option.

On all three of my devices, it brings up the "Plug in your speaker" box.
Nos SONOS wrote:

Thanks Smija,

Have you install this version ? It seems not ...
This new version 10.0.1 want to install a update version to "add new speakers" !
May be the fabulous 10.0.2 ? :D

You need to update the firmware first in order to add new hardware. So once again...

Tap on 'Settings --> System Updates --> Check for Updates'
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Nos SONOS wrote:

... but when I click on "Add a Speaker or Sub", My sonos App want to update ! Not the usually setup screen ...

What version of iOS are you running?
I'm on IOS 12.1.4 !,
But I found the solution : After reset iPad, Update Sonos Software by Sonos App, not directly by AppStore !
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Nos SONOS wrote:

I'm on 12.1.4 !,
But I found the solution : After reset iPad, Update Sonos Software by Sonos App, not by AppStore !
Thanks for your help

Great!
Nos SONOS wrote:

I'm on IOS 12.1.4 !,

I've meant the settings within the Sonos app.
Badge
Thanks; I had the same issue. The solution was to run the v10.0.1 iOS Sonos app, tap Settings > System Updates > Check for Updates. The result was a "No update required" message. However, afterwards I was able to add my new speaker using the Sonos app.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings