Answered

bricked sonos five

• 14 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

i have one Sonos Five that is approx one year.

it is not working and the led is pulsating white

and no matter what i have done changes this.

i have tried :

power it off/on with a minute pause in between

and still same and not visible in app nor searchable

tested with and without ethernet cable with above actions. No luck. 

in the end i did bite the bullet and tried factory reset even if it is not adviced by Sonos rep but as this was my last resort, i gave it a go. No luck. It does not respond to the procedure ( power off → power on with connect button pressed for 5/10/15/30 secs ( yes i have tried multiple times))

so i am at a loss. Warranty case or can / is there any other procedure to test? Or an even harder factory reset method?

br,

Lennart

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 March 2021, 22:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As you power the speaker on, with its rear join/infinity button pressed in - you must not let go the button at all, but wait until the LED status light changes colour to flashing Amber - have you managed to get the device to flash Amber? - if not, what does the light do?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Ken,

thank you for your comment. It is appreciated 

i have tried that operation ( keep the join button pressed uninterrupted ) up to 10 minutes 

in my humble opinion that ought to be enough for a factory reset and then some.

the result did not change. The white led keeps pulsing. i have not ever been able to get it to flash amber since this started a week ago.

br

Lennart

In that case, it sounds like you may have an issue that requires the help of Sonos Support Staff - you can chat/contact them via the options shown at this LINK