Brand new SONOS set up, unable to add music library

• 9 February 2017
  • 3 replies

I've spent the better part of my morning trying to add my music library to the Windows Sonos app for the Sonos system we put in this morning. I am getting the error "Access to the shared folder is denied." Running Windows 10, installed the Sonos app this morning.

I have:
- Power cycled repeatedly
- Tried using an NAS folder (same error)
- Added Sonos to my firewall exceptions
- Renamed folder
- Created new folder
- Tried over both LAN and Wi-fi
- "Fixed" Date and Time settings (it was already set to internet)

The only reason I went with Sonos is because I was told I would be able to add my music from my PC to listen to. If I can't get this resolved before the end of the month, I'm just ripping it out and returning it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Glad they are helping. Strange.
I actually spent an hour on the phone and remote access with a tech, and my problem was escalated. I have scheduled another session to figure out what is wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is strange not working on your nas or pc. It is usually straight forward. Have you tried adding the nas folder from your controller (iPhone etc) as maybe the firewall issue on pc is also causing he nas issue. There is a firewall FAQ help on the main Sonos support site. Have you tried the settings recommended there for the pc. Once you get the firewall issue on pc worked out it will work great. But the nas folder is better since a better for 24/7 access (I use nas).