The last couple weeks our Boost turns it's light back on when set to off in the app. The app still shows it toggled off and to get the light to turn back off I need to toggle on then back off. After a couple days I will see it back on again. No sound issues I notice anywhere in the house. Anyone else seeing this?
Best answer by Jean C.
Thank you for the additional details about your system set-up.
I have a few quick suggestions that should help resolve this issue, I think that whatever is going on with your Boost light is a canary in the coalmine for a much larger issue.
- First, can you change your Sonosnet channel from 6 to either 1 or 11. Without a network scan it’s difficult to advise on which end of the spectrum is less busy. If you would like, you can go to Settings > System >Network> Wireless-Setup. If you click “wireless set up but do not complete the process, your Sonos system will scan the network channels. If you then submit a diagnostic report, that report will then include information on neighboring network traffic and I could then advise on what channel is best.
- Next, change your router’s channel to 6. This will keep your router on a non-overlapping channel and will reduce interference with your Sonos system and with other networks.
- Third, the Router → Switch → Switch → Boost → Playbase configuration is asking for trouble. Can the Boost be wired into the main router or even to the first switch? The Playbase can be wired directly into the second switch if necessary but I would not recommend it unless its absolutely necessary.
Could the set up be changed to something more like either of these?
- Main router → Boost → )))Sonos
- Main router → Switch → Boost
If you could make some changes and then submit a follow up diagnostic report along with how the light on your Boost is behaving, I would be happy to work with you on this.