Question

Boost or not to.

• 19 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have 4 x Play 1's around house and a Connect. The House is quite old with thick brick walls so not great for any sort of signal, i have a wifi booster too.. When i set-up the Sonos network some rooms struggled to see some speakers - they connected then vanished. I bought a Boost which has sort of resolved the issue, but even so the signal drops out occasionally and all the music stops. Can i move the Boost to a WIFI booster position and connect it there or should i be connected to the primary router. ??

Any other tips i'm missing.
Cheers.

David

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Connecting to the primary router sets up "Boost" (or Sonosnet) mode, activating the mesh architecture so every Sonos device can talk to every other in close proximity. If you are still having problems, you may need to shore up the mesh with another strategically placed Boost. No need to wire this one, simply add it to the system and place it where is has the best chance of reaching both the reliable units and the ones having problems.
Many thanks -