Question

boost

• 11 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
hi, i m having a lot of problems with my system conecting not connecting system not found etc. if i bought a boost would this put a end to all the problems, or is it still down to wi-fi strength. thanks

3 replies

Maybe. It depends on the reason that you’re getting these error. If it is wifi interference, then it’s possible that with proper set up, it will. If the issue is due to a duplicate IP address issue, then no, it wouldn’t necessarily help.

Try this first: unplug all of your Sonos devices from the power. Reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices and see if that helps.

If it doesn’t, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution, and let you know whether a BOOST is the right decision.
Userlevel 2
HI, I now have managed to connect a play1 to my router by a ethernet cable I thought that would fix things but I still cannot get rooms to group, play music from Amazon etc. Just getting different error codes, i have 2 android controllers ( phone & tablet ) both show different rooms missing there's always 1 different room missing on each controller. When I eventually manage get everything to work witch varies from 20 mins to 1 hour plays for a few minutes goes off, go to my controller get the message everytime cannot connect to sonos, reset controller then start over again. I,ve had sonos for years had the odd blip here & there but the last month has just been ridiculous. I thought If you connect a player with a ethernet to your router that would fix the problem but obviously not. I have also tried the different channels but no matter what channel I choose it makes no difference. Getting fed up now.
Did you try my first suggestion in my previous post?