Question

Bluetooth on Move, no simple button press

Badge +1

Say my Move is on wi-fi and I want to change it to bluetooth.  Press the Bluetooth/wi-fi button for how long and is it a left side press to get Bluetooth?  I have tried to make it a simple press but usually I need to power off and then hold the button for an indeterminate time and sometimes it goes blue, not always but sometimes.  Atm the move led is white, I press and hold the bluetooth button and nothing happens, tried long press, multiple press, left press, middle press: wait, stop the presses it turned blue. There is an audible beep that occurs when pressing the button. If you don't hear that the press will fail. Where in the documentation does it mention this audible beeping? If anyone can find this I think other Move owners might find it helpful or maybe it's just me.

Sonos is simple right? 

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @paulmiller, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about the Sonos Move, If you press the button at the back of the Sonos Move for Bluetooth, it should turn Blue for the light If it is on Bluetooth mode. there should also be a beeping sound when changing from Wifi to Bluetooth or vice versa, also on turning off and on the Sonos Move. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge +1

Can you explain what this sentence means? 

should turn Blue fort he light If it is on Bluetooth mode

If you press the button at the back of the Sonos Move for Bluetooth...press on the right, left, or it doesn't matter?

So there is no user guide to explain the proper functionality of the Move buttons?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @paulmiller, thanks for the update. Regarding your question, If you press the button at the back of the Sonos Move, the line button on there on the right side is the Wifi symbol, and on the left is the Bluetooth symbol. you should press leaning to the left button and after pressing it for a few seconds, the light should turn Blue.

Badge +1

That there is no clear explanation of how to use these buttons is amazing.  Perhaps the Sonos company is so interested in pushing products, it has no energy left to provide users with basic instructions.  Of course, everyone else was able to figure the Move out, except for me.  Judging by many of the problems others write about in this forum, having a networked speaker system is a complicated endeavor.  Were is the Move user manual, I lost mine?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3571?language=en_US

?

Badge +1

Simon, what does this mean,"you should press leaning to the left button and after pressing it for a few seconds, the light should turn Blue."

The user page says nothing about "leaning to the left"? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @paulmiller, thanks for the update. On your question, you should press on the side where the Bluetooth icon is, which is on the left. because on the right side of that button, that’s for WiFi.

I'm talking about the button at the back of the Sonos Move, the line button at the back. You can check this link for reference for Bluetooth pairing on the Sonos Move. 

Badge +1

Find the Mode button located on the back of your Move between the Power and Join button. Press the button once to switch to Bluetooth Mode. Move will chime and the LED on top of the speaker will turn blue.

Your link says nothing about left or right press?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @paulmiller, thanks for the update. Yes, it doesn't say in the article, but it’s much better to press on the side where the Bluetooth icon is. and the light should turn blue if it’s on Bluetooth mode. 

That there is no clear explanation of how to use these buttons is amazing.  

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3570?language=en_US

Badge +1

, but it’s much better to press on the side where the Bluetooth icon is. 

Sorry to tell you Simon, this is just wrong. The line button could care less which side you press towards. 

Mystery solved, there is a page that describes the Move's LEDs.  Deceptively simple to follow, but remarkably easy to forget under the pressures of the moment.   Will print and tape to the device until the obvious becomes understood by my simple mind. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @paulmiller, thanks for the update. I’m glad that you’ve found that page that indicates the status of the light of the Sonos Move. wherein we are too much focused on getting it paired to Bluetooth. 

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.

You're always welcome here.

Badge +1

That there is no clear explanation of how to use these buttons is amazing.  

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3570?language=en_US

I think his point was there nowhere does it officially tell you to press to one side or the other. 

For me, no matter what, pressing this button any which way does nothing. Cannot get it go into Bluetooth mode no matter what I do

Badge +1

@paulmiller did you get this resolved? Not the LED thing but getting Bluetooth to actually work?

Badge +1

Yes, apparently I was pushing the button the wrong way. Now I push and listen for the beep and watch for the blue light. I think I have it figured out.  If there is a way to push wrong I'm going to find that way but now I am pushing correctly