Being told to renew Apple Music membership

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

110 replies

I have the same issue here in the US after upgrading my Mom's iPhone from a 5 to iPhone 7. I've tried everything listed here including a factory reset on her play 5, multiple app reinstalls etc.... Diagnostic confirmation # is 6951284
Please advise
Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Max,

Tried removing Apple Music and adding it again. The sonos app on my iPad gives me the message "you need to renew your Apple Music membership. To renew, open Apple Music and tap view Apple ID from your Apple Music account."

I have done this multiple times and nothing has worked.

Diagnostic confirmation number 6940764

Thanks

I've reviewed your diagnostic, and a couple sync errors.
Have you changed your ISP's DNS? Also, is the system experiencing the same problem when adding your Apple Music account form a different controller?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I have the same issue here in the US after upgrading my Mom's iPhone from a 5 to iPhone 7. I've tried everything listed here including a factory reset on her play 5, multiple app reinstalls etc.... Diagnostic confirmation # is 6951284
Please advise
Thanks

Hi, reviewed your diagnostic. No errors are found. The best would be to contact us by phone. A Sonos agent will need to remotely connect to your system. Let us know how it goes.
I did not change anything. And I got a new iPhone yesterday and I can play Apple Music from that, but not from my iPad.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I did not change anything. And I got a new iPhone yesterday and I can play Apple Music from that, but not from my iPad.
If you have added your Apple Music account from your iPhone to the Sonos, you should be able to open the Sonos app on the iPad and see your Apple Music account added to the system.

If the issue it your Apple Music app isn't working on the iPad the best would be to contact Apple.
Same issue here, diagnostic confirmation # 7045249. Just started today. Sonos app is asking to renew Apple Music membership.
Hi everyone,

If you're unable to play Apple Music and getting the renew membership message, please send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.

Having the same problem. Please help!
Confirmation # 7104780
Hi I am having the same problem and any help would be appreciated. Diagnostic Confirmation Number is 7156807
Badge +1
Hi I am having the same problem and any help would be appreciated. Diagnostic Confirmation Number is 7156807

Hi, I wanted to reach out to see if you were still getting the same issue with Apple Music. If you have a family account with Apple Music, you can try these steps using the main Apple Music account.

On your phone or tablet that has the primary account:
  1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Family, then tap your name.
  2. Under Family Purchases, review your account information.
  3. Turn off and back on Share my purchases.
After going through those steps, try to play one more time using Apple Music on Sonos.

Let us know how it goes.
Hi everyone,

If you're unable to play Apple Music and getting the renew membership message, please send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
I have the same issue in Canada 7281208 is my diagnostic number
Hi everyone,

My diagnostic confirmation number is 7281209. As suggested my country is the same in my Sonos profile and Apple account, as well everything is up to date and accurate. One thing I did notice is that my SonosID is a different number under my profile, than it is under About my Sonos system. Why would that be and would this affect the ability to play Apple Music. It worked up until a few days ago. It seems that once my free trial with Apple Music ran out that this started happening. My account has the proper credit card info. I'm not sure how to proceed from here
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
My diagnostic confirmation number is 7281209. As suggested my country is the same in my Sonos profile and Apple account, as well everything is up to date and accurate. One thing I did notice is that my SonosID is a different number under my profile, than it is under About my Sonos system. Why would that be and would this affect the ability to play Apple Music. It worked up until a few days ago. It seems that once my free trial with Apple Music ran out that this started happening. My account has the proper credit card info. I'm not sure how to proceed from here

It probably means that the system was set-up using a different e-mail address than your Sonos profile. You should try and get those aligned.
Hi everyone,

Hi, not working for me either. Diagnostic number 7346281. Thanks
I like how when you go through the trouble of searching for this topic and you click on the title of the post and there are absolutely 0 of the 90 plus replies available for reading.
Same issue in the uk and fed up of paying 9.99 for something I can't use. Diagnostic number 7467747. Thanks in advance
Badge +1
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to put out a few basic steps to try if you are being asked to renew the Apple Music Membership. (If you have a family account please do these steps from the phone or tablet with the primary account.)

1. Check to ensure that your account is up to date through the Apple Music app first. This can generally be found under the Manage Membership > Subscription portion of the Apple Music App.
2. If the subscription is active, from a phone or a tablet go to the Sonos app then Settings > My Services > Tap on Apple Music > Re-Authorize Account.
3. This will take you through the Re-authorization process, you will need your Apple ID password.
4. The Sonos app will reauthorize the connection and Apple Music should begin to work again.

If the above steps do not work, please remove the Apple Music Account and re-add it.

If you have a family account and the primary account is working with Sonos but the other accounts are not:
On your phone or tablet that has the primary account:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Family, then tap your name.
2. Under Family Purchases, review your account information.
3. Turn off and back on Share my purchases.

After going through those steps, try to play one more time using Apple Music on Sonos.
Had problems with Apple Music a couple of months ago that then resolved (yes my subscription is via Telstra). This morning I'm having the same problem (being told to renew my still valid membership). I tried reauthorising, then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Diagnostic report submitted: 7750348. Please help!
I have the same issue with Apple music and Telstra as AvaQ.
Rayth, I'd recommend that you do as AvaQ did, and submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
Badge
Hi,

I've just had this issue as well. Being told that I need to renew. I am 1 month into a 6-month membership from EE in the U.K.

Diagnostic report is 7750636. Thanks.
Same issue as Rayth and AvaQ. Apple Music working fine on Apple and Android devices, but not on Sonos. Diagnostic report is 7750785.

Cheers.
Same issues. With Telstra in Australia. Diagnostic number: 7750772
Sonos has suddenly stopped working with Apple Music, telling me that I need to renew my Apple Music membership and to do that by going to Apple Music and clicking on View Apple ID from my Apple Music account. My Apple Music membership did not expire though, it's still active and I can use it as normal, except through Sonos. I have clicked on View ID as directed, restarted iPad, deleted and reloaded Sonos app, logged out and back into Apple Music, restarted iPad to no avail. How do I fix this?