Being told to renew Apple Music membership

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

110 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi same issue. I'm in Uk

Diagnostic 6564758

Hi Dougie, the error coming up there is just an unauthorized login error. It looks like the servers are getting connected properly. Can you walk me through the steps you're seeing and where it pulls up the error when you go to add the service? Have you tried adding it from a different device, or by moving closer to the router?
Problem solved. backed up phone, reinstalled app, works. must have been the carrier switch.
Thanks!
Hi Ryan. Let's me put in Apple ID then says I need to renew my membership. Membership is current as I can use Apple Music on my other devices . Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Hi Ryan. Let's me put in Apple ID then says I need to renew my membership. Membership is current as I can use Apple Music on my other devices . Thanks

Hey DoigieB

In order for Ryan to help you must assume he knows nothing really about your set-up apart from what can be seen on the diagnostic.

So when asked to walk through the process you should give a step by step guide - What controller, PC or Mac and what iOS. If using tablet or mobile what type and again what OS. Then describe exactly what steps and menu options are taken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Settings Sonos aside for a moment, are you able to use Apple Music on that phone or are you getting the error to renew your membership when you go to listen to music?

If so, than you'll need to reach out to Apple on that one.
I too am having this issue.

Diagnostic number 6569493

I'm from Australia using Telstra and the Apple Music is part of my plan. I received my iPhone 7+ yesterday and it stopped works bc with this renew membership error.

It was working perfectly up until iOS10 was installed and then it would drop out saying Sonos can't connect to Apple Music, but it would work on my phone in the Music app. Now around 24 hours ago the renewal error comes up.

Please help, we use our Play1 in our 3 month old daughters room to play white noise from Apple Music. It's the only thing that's helps her sleep and not scream all night :(

Cheers Travis
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Travis. Have you tried signing out of Apple Music, then signing back in before removing and re-adding the service, to see if this helps?
Hi Edward,
Thanks for the quick reply,

Unfortunately that did not help.
Hi, just wondering if there is an update on this issue?

It's still not working, I have spoken to Telstra and they removed the Apple Music Subscription and re added it to my account. This did not fix anything, I have also tried signing out of Apple Music and signing back in as well as removing Apple Music from the Sonos app and reauthorising the account.

Apple Music works on my iPhone 7+ as well as my wife's IPhobe 5C and iPad Air2, individually of course as Telstra does not support the Family account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

If you're still having issues getting your Apple Music renewed and working on Sonos, please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
Hi Jeff,

Diagnostic report submitted. 6619837.

I hope this can be solved soon 🙂
Is it just me still having the issue now?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi CableGriM, I'm a little concerned this issue may be somehow linked to the Apple Music subscription coming from Telstra rather than yourself directly. I've made a support case for you, reference number 161012-000580. Give us a call on our support line and quote that number. We'll investigate this further with you. You can find our phone number at www.sonos.com/contact. Make sure your country is set correctly in the top right of the page.
Hi. Same issue here - both on iOS and macOS. I'm with Telstra and my Apple Music works on all devices. Diagnostic number 6635790
I've tried: reinstalling the app, reauthorising Apple Music, signing out and signing in, removing Apple Music service then adding again...no luck.
Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hey gherrok, I'd like to make a support case for you as well. This is incident number 161013-000521. Our Australian support number is 1800 680 234. If you're not in Australia, you can find the right number for your region at www.sonos.com/contact.

Give us a call when you have a free moment and we can do some testing with you.
Hi Tom B, thank you so much for your attention. In the meantime I've contacted Telstra and the issue was resolved. It was probably something on their side. I'm loving my Play:1. Cheers.
Hi gherrok,
Can I ask what you asked Telstra to do?
I have spoken to them and they have removed the Apple Music subscription from my account and then added it again as they had no idea about how the Apple Music subscription works with a Sonos device.
Hi CableGriM,
Same here. They cancelled my subscription and added it again...and it worked!
I am having this issue and have submitted a support diagnostic 6702744.
I have same problem new iPhone 7plus I tunes no longer working have done all things above to no avail
Diagnostic number 674178
Thank you
Having this issue in New Zealand

Diagnostic 6848230

EDIT

I had an old Apple Music account that had expired. The app was recognising the old account. Deleted account from Sonos and re-added Apple Music with new details. Problem solved.
Outstanding! Thank you very much for posting the resolution here, hopefully it might help someone else in the same situation.
Getting the renew Apple Music message.

Diagnostic report submitted. Confirmation number 6927491.

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Getting the renew Apple Music message.

Diagnostic report submitted. Confirmation number 6927491.

Thanks

Hi. Welcome to the community.

Can you please remove your Apple Music account within the Sonos app and re-add it. If this fails, please submit a diagnostic and also, add the error message.
Thanks.
Max,

Tried removing Apple Music and adding it again. The sonos app on my iPad gives me the message "you need to renew your Apple Music membership. To renew, open Apple Music and tap view Apple ID from your Apple Music account."

I have done this multiple times and nothing has worked.

Diagnostic confirmation number 6940764

Thanks