Being told to renew Apple Music membership

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

110 replies

I am in the U.S., and am now getting the same message as above to renew my membership for Apple Music. It's definitely a Sonos glitch. Please advise. Thanks
I am having the same issue too. I have reauthorized my account and restarted my Sonos system. Nothing works.
I am having the same issue. Tried all of the above, nothing works. Please help.
I'm in the UK and now having this same issue
Same issue in Australia, not with Telstra
Having the issue in the USA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

If you're unable to play Apple Music and getting the renew membership message, please send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Jeff S.

I had this, albeit just occasionally, last week here in the UK and also I noticed the Apple App Store was going on and offline at the same time. I just presumed that Apple were changing a few things for their September 7th Announcement .. I assume iOS 10 is being moved to the starting blocks. The problem seems to have stopped (for now, at least), but if it rears its head again, then I will submit a diagnostic immediately and post the confirmation number as suggested.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Jeff S.

I had this, albeit just occasionally, last week here in the UK and also I noticed the Apple App Store was going on and offline at the same time. I just presumed that Apple were changing a few things for their September 7th Announcement .. I assume iOS 10 is being moved to the starting blocks. The problem seems to have stopped (for now, at least), but if it rears its head again, then I will submit a diagnostic immediately and post the confirmation number as suggested.

Thanks for the update, Ken. It's good to hear that things are working right now.
I'm with Ken, had problems last week but now seems to be working. Will keep eyes on it and send in diagnostics if happens again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It seems that things are back to normal for you. Keep us informed as to whether there are any further issues. Thanks!
Badge
Hi everyone,

If you're unable to play Apple Music and getting the renew membership message, please send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.

Sonos Staff - Please check DIAG#: 6525422

I've cleaned up the Beta Program registration cruft, rebooted everything, removed and reinstalled the iOS app (was v6.4 now backwards to v6.3.2 via App Store), removed the service from Sonos controller, and even checked my Apple ID ties to Apple Music. Still getting the "Renew Error". iPhone 6S+ on iOS 10.0.1 (GA).

This was all working even under iOS 10 Dev Beta and your v6.4 Controller App. Hope you guys can help resolve this quickly, I use Apple Music daily.

Thx,

M@
I am having the same issue in the US. Diagnostic number: 6525467.
Same error, diag 6525497
I'm having this issue again...
It first occurred a few days ago and now again today. Was working fine a few hours ago.
I'm having the same issue, asking to Renew my Apple music membership. It's up to date. I was a beta tester, but have upgraded to the latest, and gotten rid of the old. I'm in the U.S. Diagnostic 6525601
Same issue - 6525669
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, there was an issue with Apple Music on Sonos when this came up, it should be resolved. Are any of you still having trouble with needing to renew your service account?
I have the same error have submitted diagnostics 6546577
Scratch that, I just re-authorised from within the Sonos app and now it looks like it's working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Scratch that, I just re-authorised from within the Sonos app and now it looks like it's working.

Great. Let us know if anything else comes up.
I have same issue and I live in the US. It seems to have started when I had switched my IPhone 6 Plus phone carrier from Sprint to Verizon. I had to have Sprint unlock my phone to use on the Verizon network. HELP ME!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have same issue and I live in the US. It seems to have started when I had switched my IPhone 6 Plus phone carrier from Sprint to Verizon. I had to have Sprint unlock my phone to use on the Verizon network. HELP ME!

Happy to help. How far do you get when you try to renew the account on Sonos? Are you able to get the Music app launched and the account configured or do you get an error?

Mind sending a diagnostic from there after you try to add the account? You can follow the steps here to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number.
Will do. Thanks
Hi same issue. I'm in Uk

Diagnostic 6564758