Being told to renew Apple Music membership

Badge
Sonos has suddenly stopped working with Apple Music, telling me that I need to renew my Apple Music membership and to do that by going to Apple Music and clicking on View Apple ID from my Apple Music account. My Apple Music membership did not expire though, it's still active and I can use it as normal, except through Sonos. I have clicked on View ID as directed, restarted iPad, deleted and reloaded Sonos app, logged out and back into Apple Music, restarted iPad to no avail. How do I fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

110 replies

I too am receiving the same message, taken the same steps and still get same response. I can even play music from the iTunes app which was previously playing through the Sonos app. However I cannot get rid of the renew Apple Music membership screen mentioned above, and cannot access the iTunes library to change music.
Badge
Sounds exactly the same as my problem. I should add that it's the same situation across all my devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook).
I am experiencing the same problem with my iphone6s.

When I try to use apple music in Sonos I keep being asked to renew my already valid apple music membership.

Have deleted reinstalled Sonos, deleted reinstalled apple music account. Deleted, reinstalled apple account in sonos. In "my services" I have reauthorised my apple music account. All to of no avail.

I am going to escalate this matter to sonos direct.

God help me have the patience for this and not blow a fuse in my brain.

Considering all things in life I am grateful that I have a phone and and can even hear music.

Feeling better already.

Wish me luck
I'm having the exact same issue, keep getting asked to renew Apple Music. Even though I can play the songs that are in the queue from Apple Music.
I've spoken to Apple support and they have confirmed that I have no issues on their end and instructed me to contact Sonos Support.
I've tried reauthorising, removing the service and adding again and re-downloading the app.
Zeus, if you have any luck escalating the matter, would love to hear the solution.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi all, can you please confirm your location and wether your Apple Music subscription is provided via Telstra? We are aware of an issue with Telstra subscriptions in Australia, and are currently working with both Apple and Telstra to resolve.
Hi Daniel H, I can confirm that I live in Australia and have my subscription through Telstra.
Hi Daniel H, same probelm with my Apple Music subscription via Telstra.
Hello Daniel, I have the same problem with my Apple music subscription and I also have the subscription through Telstra
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Daniel H, I can confirm that I live in Australia and have my subscription through Telstra. We've opened a ticket with our Technical Support Team for you with reference: 160804-000447. Our colleagues will reach out once they have more news.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Daniel H, same probelm with my Apple Music subscription via Telstra. Your ticket number is: 160804-000451, our colleagues will reach out once they have news.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hello Daniel, I have the same problem with my Apple music subscription and I also have the subscription through Telstra Ticket 160804-000455 for you. Again, our colleagues will reach out once there is more info to share.
Hi Daniel, I am also located in Australia, and my subscription is also through Telstra.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Daniel, I am also located in Australia, and my subscription is also through Telstra. Your ticket is: 160804-000547
Same as me Telstra Australia
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Same as me Telstra Australia 160804-000764 is your ticket.
Badge
Yep me too, Telstra Australia
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Yep me too, Telstra Australia
160804-000862 is your ticket number.
Myself as well, Telstra Australia
Badge
Yup me too. My Apple Music Subscription is through Telstra as well. Same error on all Sonos Apps I use (IOS, MAC) 😞
works again now
Badge
Woohoo!! Thanks Daniel H and other posters.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi all, this issue should have been resolved as of early this morning AUS time. Should you still see an issue, please let us know
I am having a similar problem. Sonos saying I need to reauthorise Apple Music but need to update my Sonos system first. System is up to date and I can't add music services or reauthorise Apple Music. Am also on Telstra in Australia.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having a similar problem. Sonos saying I need to reauthorise Apple Music but need to update my Sonos system first. System is up to date and I can't add music services or reauthorise Apple Music. Am also on Telstra in Australia.

Hi Mijohnston,

It sounds like you may be using an iOS controller while on the Sonos beta program. As we don't have a beta iOS app some features will be missing, such as the add music service menu. Please use an Android or desktop controller to access the add music services menu. If you only use an iOS controller you can leave the beta to get your full menu options back.
I'm getting the same issue. I've removed APPLE music and re-installed it. Also renewed, re-authorized everything and I get the same error. It happened while I was actually listening to apple music. Just stopped working and now getting that error.

Everything is up to date with my bridge, PLAY1's (4 of them)

All Ipads/Iphones and computers are up to date as well.

Apple music works fine on anything but Sonos now. PLEASE HELP