Beeping on my Sonos five

• 21 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there. I have a pair of Sonos five’s and a beam in my front room however recently the left Sonos five speaker will just switch on and start beeping for about 20 seconds and then stop. This will then happen again later on. It’s really frustrating as it wakes me up at night as it’s quite loud. I’ve tried switching it off for a while and then back on but I still get the beeping happening. Any idea on how I can get this fixed? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If the Fives are set up as surrounds for the Beam, I would remove/unbond the Fives from the Beam in the Sonos app and unplug all of the speakers, including the Beam, from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Then plug the speakers back in and bond the Fives as surrounds to the Beam again.

If they aren’t being used as surrounds, unpair the Fives as a stereo pair and unplug them from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Then pair them again as a stereo pair.

If you have BEAM set for TV Autoplay, the cable box might be messing with you. In my area the cable box will update in the middle of the night, then turn ON and start playing the last channel that I was viewing. I keep the Volume set to minimum in order to thwart this.