My Sonos beam bar worked perfectly for 3 months (predominantly being used to play music from my iPhone via the home WiFi network). Over the last few weeks my Sonos is not available to stream my music through, unless I turn my router on and off again. Every time I turn my router on / off I can use the Beam again, but only once, then when I go to use it again it is not available to connect to. If I go into the Sonos app, I get an error message saying “unable to connect to Sonos”, until I turn the router on / off again! any ideas for W fix very welcome!
Best answer by Paul A
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I know how confusing it can be that it requires a system reboot every time your Sonos Beam does not function accordingly. Let me help you out with that.
I would like to recommend the following steps.
- If your Beam is wirelessly connected, can we connect the Beam to the router via ethernet cable to see if that would be a solution to the problem?
- Do we have the same behavior using another mobile controller?
- Can we try following the guide about wireless interference?
If the above recommendation does not work, I would like to ask if we can submit a diagnostic from your working computer Sonos App so we can check what is going on. I would also like to ask if we can provide some details about your network to be able to understand your network layout.
- Router make and model.
- Modem make and model.
- Wifi booster or extender make and model.
- Mesh system make and model.
- Secondary or tertiary router make and model.
- Other devices wired to the router.
- Network switch or hub make and model.
- Other devices wirelessly connected to the router.
Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everybody can help you out.