Answered

Beam stop working with TV and same issue with spare TV

• 25 May 2021
  • 5 replies

One morning woke up turn on my TV, Beam has no sound.  Use Sonos App to troubleshoot and received audio out issues.  Changed cables and even to my spare TV (Sharp) in the bedroom, this did not help.  

I tried to reset my Beam and setup from factory default.  Had the same problem.  My main TV is philips brand, toggle Easylink on/off plus HDMI aduio out on/off makes not difference on my Beam.  

Any help would be most appreciated.

icon

Best answer by mal_1977 26 May 2021, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Normally I’d suggest generating a diagnostic report and see what that shows for Sonos support. Unfortunately a factory reset will delete any info that might have helped. However, it may be worth doing, in case it reveals anything. 
Also, have you tried powering off your Beam, and then restarting your router before powering up the Beam again?

Can you stream music to the Beam? Is it just the tv sound you’re lacking? If so, the tv may well have received an update. Try unplugging it from power for 30 seconds before restarting it. 

Normally I’d suggest generating a diagnostic report and see what that shows for Sonos support. Unfortunately a factory reset will delete any info that might have helped. However, it may be worth doing, in case it reveals anything. 
Also, have you tried powering off your Beam, and then restarting your router before powering up the Beam again?

Can you stream music to the Beam? Is it just the tv sound you’re lacking? If so, the tv may well have received an update. Try unplugging it from power for 30 seconds before restarting it. 

Phone up Sonos support and had my issue fixed.  Thanks for responding to this conversation. 

Could you explain how the issue was fixed, so others can benefit as well, please?

For some reasons the mobile app - autoplay feature was turned off.  Toggle that back got it working. Adding to that, I replace the hdmi cable with a new one but to the wrong port.  Sonos support reminded me Philips TV uses hdmi-2 for ARC.  These steps solved the problem. 

Awesome, thanks. 

I try to recommend to people to double check many of those settings, even if they haven’t touched them before. My working assumption is that there’s a potential surge in the power that messes with the software in some way, but that’s a guess. It certainly doesn’t hurt to double check, no matter what. 

Happy you were able to resolve your particular issue!