Answered

beam not connecting to Sonos App

• 26 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi There 

I bought a new Sonos Beam. It connected initially to the Sonos app on iOS. It then just disappeared and now it won’t reconnect and cannot be found. I have unplugged the Ethernet, HDMI and tried resetting the system but nothing. It works with TV via the HDMI but isn’t registering on the Sonos app. Help! 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 August 2022, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BigDubRob 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This is not an easy one to answer without knowing a whole lot about your network, but my initial suspicion is that perhaps you are using a WiFi Extender - these are unsupported by Sonos because they often block the very types of network communication that Sonos relies upon. If you have one of these, please try to isolate if this is the source of the problem by turning it off and trying again - though the Beam would need to be close enough to the main router to get a signal.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.