Answered

Beam - no sound

Until very recently, I had no problems with the sound from my Beam.  Then starting a week ago, I couldn’t change the sound volume, or mute the sound.  (The on-screen sound volume bar showed volume increasing or decreasing, but no actual sound volume change occurred.) Today, the on-screen sound volume indicator shows that the sound is muted, and I cannot unmute, or increase volume.  I can get sound from the TV speakers, and the on-screen sound volume indicator works.  I tried (1) cycling the Beam off and on, and (2) switching the TV sound output between TV and Beam.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 May 2022, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What TV is it and what settings are you using for the sound out?… you mention power-cycling the Beam, but I would power off all (TV aswell for 3 minutes). Also try reseating the cable between the two and see if that solves the issue. I’m assuming you are using HDMI cable, so if the issue persists also try changing the cable and toggling off/on HDMI-CEC on the TV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What happens if you stream a music source to the Beam? Do you have control from the app?

Response to Ken Griffiths:

Thanks for your suggestions. I unplugged my TV, the Beam, and my cable box, and that fixed my problem.  Thank you.  FWIW, I have a LG C1 55 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV.  I am using HDMI ARC, .