Answered

Beam Gen 2 volume issue: automatically drops to 15%

• 19 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Beam Gen 2 volume issue: automatically drops to 15%. 

Even if i disconnect the hdmi cable which is hooked on a samsung 43Q67A TV with eARC, playing a stream from TuneIn. 

Volume limit is as default: 100% volume allowed.

When i raise the volume i will see the slider automatically drop to 15% after a few seconds.

Factory reset would not help.

Is there a solution?

icon

Best answer by James L. 22 November 2021, 10:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Sonos support case NR: 

Phone support and chat support could not help me. :disappointed_relieved:

Please reach out to them again, I’ve left some notes on the case with further instructions.

It looks like an installer called our support line without being with the product, which essentially means we can’t effectively troubleshoot. Please call again when you’re with the Beam.

Badge

Sonos support case NR: 03437430

Phone support and chat support could not help me. :disappointed_relieved:

Badge +17

Hi @RGeurts,

The mention of it dropping to 15% is actually very helpful here. I suspect that the Beam is going into failure mode and is limiting its volume to protect the circuitry.

Please submit a system diagnostic and get in touch with our customer care team.

Userlevel 7

Redo the TV Setup process in the Sonos app:

Disconnect everything from your TV and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Go ahead and reboot your router too. Plug the TV and Beam back into power but keep everything else disconnected. Be sure Anynet+ (CEC) is enabled on the TV. Run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the Beam to the TV when the app instructs you to. When the Beam has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to your TV.