Beam Gen 2 Popping Sound Halts Music Play

• 4 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, all. Would appreciate any support on this issue. I have a brand new Beam Gen 2 hooked up to my Sony XBR900 TV via eARC. I have an Apple TV 4K hooked up via HDMI to my Sony TV. I am using all high capacity HDMI Cables.

When I listen to music via my Apple TV using Apple Music service on the ATV, I get a loud popping noise and then the playback stops. I have to hit the select button on the ATV remote to get the playback to work.

I have unplugged the Beam Gen 2 for a few minutes and reset it - still get the popping sound.

Anybody else have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks,

Paul

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @SLO hombre,

That doesn’t sound great. We’d like to look into this further, so I suggest submitting a diagnostic after the next one of these events, recording the number, and getting in touch with our customer care team via phone or live chat. They have the tools available to dive into this further and investigate the root cause of what’s happening to your Beam.

Badge +1

@James L. I’m at work most of the hours your tech line is open. I’d suggest looking at the other threads on this board…some with over 100 comments, to get an idea of the problem and it’s pervasiveness.  Will do as you say when I can. 

Badge +17

@James L. I’m at work most of the hours your tech line is open. I’d suggest looking at the other threads on this board…some with over 100 comments, to get an idea of the problem and it’s pervasiveness.  Will do as you say when I can. 

I understand that there are other posts about this, but that doesn’t change my advice.

Let me know how you get on with support.

Badge +1

@James L. I am considering returning my Sonos Beam to Crutchfield as I don’t have the time nor the desire to mess with a flawed product. I just want something that works. Despite tons of people who have sent in diagnostic reports to Sonos, the consistent retort is that you aren’t seeing anything on the diagnostic report and you want them to call into Support.

Can you tell me (and others who are dealing with this problem) if you are finding anything on those calls that would suggest you are getting a handle on this and if a fix is coming soon in the future? If not, I will be returning the Beam and submitting a review to other customers to beware of this issue.

Thanks.