Answered

Beam gen 2 play issue

• 4 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello

It worked fine for 2 days, now it won't play either from TV or app unless I press physical play button on beam several times,  then it works fine. This happens everything is use it now.

Anyone have this issue and know how to resolve, did the usual resets but problem persists.

icon

Best answer by JohnEC43 7 November 2021, 16:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have TV Autoplay enabled under the Beam’s settings?

You might try unplugging the Beam from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router.

Yes tv autoplay is enabled , should it be?

Userlevel 7

Yes tv autoplay is enabled , should it be?

Yes, usually it’s best to keep TV Autoplay enabled. 

Have you tried unplugging the Beam from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router and phone?

Yes I unplugged beam and did a full reset, not rebooted router though, may try that next but not sure that will help as issue also with tv which is connected through hdmi arc, will give it a go though.

Yes I unplugged beam and did a full reset, not rebooted router though, may try that next but not sure that will help as issue also with tv which is connected through hdmi arc, will give it a go though.

In addition to rebooting the router, if that doesn’t solve it, then…

Even though TV Autoplay is showing as ‘ON’, I would also perhaps toggle that switch ‘OFF’ and then ‘ON’ again (just in case the switch is not actually set correctly). 

If you are switching between music playback and TV audio, then perhaps see if selecting the ‘TV icon’ at the bottom of the music services (Browse) Tab also gets the audio working.

Maybe consider reseating/replacing the HDMI cable between the Beam and the TV to see if that changes anything.

Thanks for the advice , I'll try all those tomorrow and see if it fixes.

Issue not fixed, after rebooting/reconnecting everything it worked first time,  now same issue again, light on beam flashing white and red . If you push play button on beam a couple of times it starts playing again. 

Update, may have fixed it, connected beam via wired network and was stable, and now working with WiFi