Answered

Beam (Gen 2) Annoying Issues

• 17 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

My setup: Beam (Gen 2 - updated to latest version) + LG OLED B7 - connection ARC.

I have this soundbar for a couple days now and there are a couple of annoying issues which maybe you guys can help out, please?

Issue 1: Volume goes up/down “too quickly” when using the TV remote - When I use the SONOS app, I can put the volume up or down 1 point at a time, this seems to be fine, but when I put the volume up or down using the TV remove then it seems like it goes up 2 or even 3 points at a time with a single press. EG: the volume is a bit low, then I press volume up just once and now it’s just a bit higher than I would like to. I actually had the opposite issue with my previous Bose soundbar 500 where I had to press the volume up 4 or 5 times for the volume to go up significantly.

Issue 2: I’m now unable to use any Bluetooth headphones with the TV as it always defaults to the SONOS Beam! I select my Bluetooth headphones, the sound connects to the headphones for a couple of seconds and it moves back to the Beam! I have tried several headphones and it happens the same. The only solution I can see is to turn off the Beam?…

Issue 3: Does the Beam not have auto volume levelling?? In youtube, I keep having to adjust the volume on different videos I watch. I understand that some videos have better quality of audio than others, but this never happened with my previous Bose soundbar 500.

Thank you for your assistance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 June 2022, 15:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Issue 1: I don’t believe this can be adjusted.

Issue 2: Try disabling Simplink on the TV when you want to use the headphones.

Issue 3: Turn on Night Sound (moon icon) in the Sonos app.