Answered

Beam drops connections to other Sonos speakers

• 30 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos beam speaker connected to my hi DEF projector when I connect my other Sonos speakers to the beam I have a constant drop outs of sound. I have two sets of Sonos one speakers and one set of Sonos play one speakers all on my Apple extreme network. I also have a satellite Wi-Fi router that I am not using the network but it is active. What can I do to stop these cut outs? I’ve already change the channel on the Apple extreme router twice. Thank you

icon

Best answer by James L. 3 May 2021, 11:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Vmanonline,

We don’t recommend grouping devices together when sending TV audio due to the sheer amount of data that would be sent across the network that way. This would require a very strong and stable local connection between your devices to achieve a smooth listening experience. Your Internet speed would have nothing to do with this, rather it’s the connection strength between your speakers that matters here. I suggest submitting a diagnostic when having this issue and getting in touch with our customer care team to see if there are any adjustments we can suggest to make your setup a bit better.

Funny, this is straight from your BEAM FAQ;

Does Sonos Beam pair with other Sonos speakers for surround sound?

Yes. While Sonos Beam is a great soundbar on its own, it also wirelessly pairs with our Sub for added bass and a pair of Sonos speakers for full surround sound. A setup with left and right rears and a Sub gives you true 5.1 surround sound.

Badge +17

That refers to adding surround speakers and a sub to create up to a 5.1 surround system, this does not mean grouping other rooms with your Beam. If you’re trying to add your Play:1s as surrounds, yes, that’s supported and recommended for a home theater setup. If you have those speakers in another room, that’s what I was referring to in my reply to your original post.

Thank you for the clarification that makes more sense to me now.