Answered

Beam developed crackling sound

• 27 December 2018
  • 10 replies

Hi all, I've had my new beam for a week now and today it's developed a crackling sound in the back ground., I also have 2 play 3's connected as surrounds. I've tried various things but still no joy. Can anyone suggest anything? I've submitted a diagnostics no. 2142352035

If anyone has any ideas then that would be great

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 28 December 2018, 17:30

Hi Jeff, thanks for your response, I've tried this and it hasn't worked, I've also tried removing the surrounds and it still does it with them removed and the same when they are added back in.

Thanks for trying. The next best step would be to continue troubleshooting this with our phone team. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number here.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi all, I've had my new beam for a week now and today it's developed a crackling sound in the back ground., I also have 2 play 3's connected as surrounds. I've tried various things but still no joy. Can anyone suggest anything? I've submitted a diagnostics no. 2142352035

Thanks

Hi yiendy,

Welcome to the community. Please try disabling TruePlay on your Beam and then test it out again. If the sound goes away, try going through the tuning again and see if that does the trick. It may also help to check your TV to make sure it's running the most up to date firmware.
Hi Jeff, thanks for your response, I've tried this and it hasn't worked, I've also tried removing the surrounds and it still does it with them removed and the same when they are added back in.

Thanks

Hi yiendy,

Welcome to the community. Please try disabling TruePlay on your Beam and then test it out again. If the sound goes away, try going through the tuning again and see if that does the trick. It may also help to check your TV to make sure it's running the most up to date firmware.

Thanks

Hi yiendy,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for trying. The next best step would be to continue troubleshooting this with our phone team. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number here.
Ok thanks
Any resolution to this? It was happening like crazy during the newest episode of Game of Thrones. I got this a week ago and it's terrible with that popping.
Hi

No I ended up taking it back and haven't brought a replacement yet. I lost patience in the end
@gamento I just got the Beam and was searching for a solution or reason from this exact same experience you had with GOT. Wondering if it’s something with the firmware that needs updating. Definitely not happy about it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Sounds like a decoding issue if you both had the same glitch on the same program?.
Badge
Just recently started getting random, loud static/crackling sounds on my Beam/Play1 setup connected to my Vizio 4K. I’ve only really noticed it on CNN.