Answered

BEAM cuts out while grouping

• 22 January 2019
  • 7 replies

I have a brand new sonos beam and when I group it to my play-1 the beam will sometimes cutout randomly. Can anyone help with this issue?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 25 January 2019, 15:27

Hi josephadamiak7

Your best course of action is to submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum. Here's how: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

You can also try this before you submit the diagnostic. Perform the steps in the order given:

1. Unplug your Sonos speakers and Boost module if using one
2. Unplug other Wi-Fi and devices wired to your Altice
3. Delete the Sonos and Alexa apps from your iOS or Android device
4. Reboot your Altice_let it come back
5. Update the software on your iOS or Android device
6. Re-install the Sonos and Alexa apps
7. Activate the Sonos skill in Alexa
8. Plug in your Sonos one by one
9. Activate Alexa voice assistant in the Sonos app for the Beam
10. Plug in your other Wi-Fi devices one by one
11. Plug in your other wired devices one by one

If the above does not resolve the issue then submit the diagnostic. Let us know the outcome as to which suggested solution worked.

Cheers!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi josephadamiak7

When the dropout occurs is it during playback of music or TV audio or both?

Cheers!
It is during music- i am not using the play-1 as a surround sound piece.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi josephadamiak7

Sorry for the late response. Sounds like you have interference from other Wi-Fi objects. The Beam or the Play 1 is struggling to keep the connection. Try wiring the Beam or Play 1 (if possible) to your router to see if that improves the connection between them.
Hey AJ,

The beam is in the same counsel as my router, it is the altice all in one router, modem, etc. Oddly enough the beam is what drops out and not the play-1. Your thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi josephadamiak7

Your best course of action is to submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum. Here's how: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

You can also try this before you submit the diagnostic. Perform the steps in the order given:

1. Unplug your Sonos speakers and Boost module if using one
2. Unplug other Wi-Fi and devices wired to your Altice
3. Delete the Sonos and Alexa apps from your iOS or Android device
4. Reboot your Altice_let it come back
5. Update the software on your iOS or Android device
6. Re-install the Sonos and Alexa apps
7. Activate the Sonos skill in Alexa
8. Plug in your Sonos one by one
9. Activate Alexa voice assistant in the Sonos app for the Beam
10. Plug in your other Wi-Fi devices one by one
11. Plug in your other wired devices one by one

If the above does not resolve the issue then submit the diagnostic. Let us know the outcome as to which suggested solution worked.

Cheers!
AJ,

I have submitted the diagnostics...do I have to do anything after that? Took a screenshot of the diagnostics as well. Thoughts?
Post the number of that diagnostic here. Or contact Sonos to discuss it. They don't generally look at random submissions, there needs to be an outside prompt, so that they know what they're looking for in the data.