Answered

beam crackling sound.

• 30 June 2020
  • 6 replies

My beam started getting crackling sound after using it after sometime.. i removed tuning after seeing the suggestions from the forums but still the issue remains the same.. diagnostic information number is 2011239240

please advise 

Regards.

Rajesh

icon

Best answer by samhockey 12 December 2020, 16:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi my beam has today developed a jumpy crackling sound whilst watching Netflix diagnostic code is : 2093170989 many thanks, Mark

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @samhockey.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

Thanks for sharing what was done to help fix the issue. For future references I would like to share with you the guide on how to reduce wireless interference as this guide provides some of the major devices that causes wireless interference. Congratulations and i do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you have any other questions or concern. Here in the community, everyone can contribute to help others.

Thanks,

Hi - I actually phoned the Sonos support helpline a day or so ago and they helped me out.

A little more information in case it is helpful for others.  The crackling sound was only when watching TV and was present no matter what the source (DVD, TV box, Chromecast, or smart TV app). It started fairly randomly - I wasn't changing the volume or anything - and persisted when the TV was turned off and on again.  On the phone to Songs support, I unplugged everything one by one, restarted the Beam (i.e. unplugged it. Waited a minute or two and plugged it back in) and then plugged everything back in one-by-one and it sorted it out. Apparently, Chromecast can often interfere with the connection somehow and cause the crackling. So far it the sound has been fine since so hopefully it is the end of it!

Thanks for getting back to me though!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

H @samhockey.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for submitting a diagnostic. I would like to ask some questions to better understand more about what is going on.

• Does the crackling/popping sound only happen when watching TV?
  • Does it also happen when listening to music?
  • What is the source of the video? regular cable, cable box, in-apps on TV, in-apps on the cable box, or casting?
  • Does it happen regardless of the video source?
  • The diagnostic submitted does not show any faulty on the HDMI cable and the signal received from the TV and shows a PCM signal received.

These questions would give us a better understanding and isolation of the issue.

The more information you provide, the more we can have a better understanding of the situation. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Hi, I have exactly the same issue and there is a subtly different popping sound depending on whether I select PCM or Dolby Digital. I've also submitted a diagnostic (1591161369) in case that helps. Any more tips?

Thanks

Sam

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mailsubrahmanya.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out as well as for submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share with you some information indicated on the diagnostic.

According to the diagnostic, the Sonos Beam is receiving a Pause Burst codec from the TV via HDMI to optical adapter. At the moment the diagnostic was submitted, TV audio was being generated from the TV through the Beam however the Sonos Beam is unable to interpret the signal coming from the TV. I would like to suggest going through the TV menu of your Samsung TV and look for Audio quality inside settings. I would suggest changing it from it’s current option to either PCM or Dolby Digital.

I would like to refer you to this guide on what Sonos Home Theater support via audio format.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns

Thanks,