Question

Beam bouncing in and out of recognitgion

• 22 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I’ve been happily using my Sonos System for several months now, and upon waking up and getting ready to stream some music while working on chores, I found that my Sonos app reads my system intermittently. It will show it connected as normal for a few moments, and then show as not connecting to the Beam for a few moments, and then bounce back and forth. This is all happening quickly enough that it’s difficult to navigate around the application. I’ve reset each piece independently and reset the router and modem completely, and it’s still misbehaving. Has anyone else had this issue and found resolution? Thanks in advance!

Edit: my title spelling is awful. I know how to spell ‘recognition’, I promise.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Heh. I feel your pain. It’s frustrating that you can’t edit thread titles. 

I suspect you’re dealing with either wifi interference, or possibly a duplicate IP address issues. Beyond reading the linked FAQ, I’d try a refresh of your local network, by rebooting in a very specific order. First, unplug all Sonos devices from power. Then go ahead and reboot your router, and give it a minute or two to come back up. Then plug back in your Sonos devices, again, giving them a couple of minutes to boot up and reconnect, then do your testing. 

However, if neither of these solutions work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

When you talk to the phone folks, there are more options available. They are available Monday through Friday during business hours.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

I certainly appreciate your response! I will be undertaking some more troubleshooting steps, such as those that you’ve outlined when my roommate is not clocked in, and there is more freedom for reboots of various pieces of network gear.