Question

BBC Sport commentaries

• 4 February 2015
  • 54 replies

When listening to BBC Radio 5, when a commentary starts I get a message that due to rights restrictions I cannot listen to this item. If i then move off of that station for a moment and then come back to BBC Radio 5 live the commentary plays fine. So it seems I somehow have to "reset" my stream. I am in the UK and am sure that these are not matches to which there really is a rights restriction as demonstrated by the fact that i can listen to them after this reset.
Any help appreciated - thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We wanted to update you here regarding the local content and live events, which were only available in the UK due to streaming rights, that have been unavailable. The BBC has been working to address this separately. Over the past few weeks, this local and live content has started becoming available in the MP3 streams for listeners who are in the UK. 

Our engineers have been testing this today, and first results show that this is the case. But we’d also like to get your input - if you’re in the UK, are you now getting the local content that was missing?
Listened to BBC radio 5 live and Radio 4 longwave until this month when I moved back up to Scotland. I am now getting rights restrictions message on 5 live - can’t see how there can be “rights restrictions” on BBC content in the Uk?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Trying to listen to football commentary on BBC Radio Leicester but getting th usual due to contractual reasons we are unable to bring you this broadcast. Really annoying. Now having to listen via Freeview!
Yea, I had that issue when trying to listen to Formula One broadcasts while in Bangkok. The BBC doesn't want to go outside the lines anywhere.