Battery Life

Received Sonos Roam yesterday and battery life is nowhere near advertised. Less than 24 hours and playing for 3 and battery completely drained! 

Please advise? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

When not in use, hold down the button on the back for five seconds until you hear a chime to power the Roam down completely. This will help keep the battery charged longer. If you just let the Roam go into sleep mode, the battery will continue to drain.

Thank you, it’s much appreciated and I have done what you have suggested! 

Userlevel 1

When not in use, hold down the button on the back for five seconds until you hear a chime to power the Roam down completely. This will help keep the battery charged longer. If you just let the Roam go into sleep mode, the battery will continue to drain.

But they advertise 10days on standby... This simply is not true... 3 days at best! Very annoying. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

But they advertise 10days on standby... This simply is not true... 3 days at best! Very annoying. 

I think they got the 10 days by testing a system with a Roam (BUT ONLY a Roam) - and then didn’t touch the Sonos app once until the battery drained.  Which is not a realistic view of how most people are set up with Roam and use their systems.

Hence, I continue my plea that Sonos add a software feature that truly leaves Roam in sleep mode, unless and until, you want to definitively use the Roam.  In other words, it should not wake Roam EVERY time you use the Sonos App (unless you want it to do so).  It should be a software choice.  As people with larger complex systems may use the app often throughout the day -- just draining the roam unnecessarily.

And no, the answer isn’t to just power off the Roam.  As it is certainly logical to want to not have to physically go to where the Roam is each time you want to use it, and power it on again.   You should be able to wake it remotely -- when you want to (but not when using the app for other purposes).    

Agree, I have Sonos throughout the house and powering off, is not ideal!!