Battery drain issues remain unsolved in Android 9.1 Controller

With Android version 9.0.1 of Sonos controller multiple pleople reported battery drain issues, I got that problem too. It's really inconvenient to find that issue remain usolved in version 9.1. I had to uninstall Sonos controller from my cell phone. Even when the Sonos controller is not in use, I'm at work, the Sonos controller drains the battery really fast. It's a HTC one A9 with Android 7.0.
Unfortunately I'm not able to use the sonos cotroller in my cell phone. I've found multiple people reporting the same issue, it's surprising the issue is not fixed yet.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi there, Jasenjo. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I've seen a few instances where turning off Location settings can help with battery drain. Have you given this a shot? If so, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I'll be happy to take a closer look. Thanks!
I just uninstalled the app from my S7 Samsung. It was using 32% of my battery resources while I was in a different state from my Sonos' location... It seems to me to be something that's inherently fixable.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings