Answered

Bass hiccups every 10 seconds or so watching Netfix

• 20 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Whenever I watch streaming services like Netflix, the low end bass hiccups every ten seconds or so. Bass goes out for about a second. The rest of the audio is unaffected. I have a Samsung Smart TV (connected by direct optical cable) to a Soundbar and subwoofer.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 5 July 2018, 17:46

Thanks for the diagnostic report, Tommyd76. The only error the Sub is giving is a stream underflow error. This means that data is not getting to the Sub quick enough, normally due to interference. How are you streaming the content? Is this from an external device (Fire Stick or Roku) or from an app on the TV? Are they using the 5GHz band to talk to the network?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Tommyd76. Thanks for posting about this. Would you mind replicating the problem and submitting a diagnostic report? Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I will be happy to take a closer look and advise.
Diagnostic code 2003602358
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic report, Tommyd76. The only error the Sub is giving is a stream underflow error. This means that data is not getting to the Sub quick enough, normally due to interference. How are you streaming the content? Is this from an external device (Fire Stick or Roku) or from an app on the TV? Are they using the 5GHz band to talk to the network?
It's an app on the TV. No idea if they are on a GHz band.